Nyle Inc. (hereafter referred to collectively as “Nyle”) is a company involved in Web Consulting and Internet Media.
Through Appliv (including native app Appliv) (hereafter referred to collectively as “Appliv”), Nyle provides an enhanced experience for smartphone app users.
1. Special Safety Control Measures for Personal Data
Nyle takes necessary and appropriate measures for the safeguard of personal data; including and not limited to the prevention of leak and loss of user’s personal data and defamation.
2. Use of Personal Data
The purpose for data collection is as follows:
- a. To provide services;
- b. To identify users when logging on;
- c. To direct users to other services related to Appliv;
- d. To analyze data in directing app-related advertisements and services appropriately to each user,
- e. To create statistical data of app users and for marketing purposes. Said data is modified into a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual (said data may be shared with third parties) ;
- f. To contact users if necessary;
- g. To send e-mail newsletters from Appliv;
- h. To optimize advertisements within Appliv or services related to Appliv.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
With the exception of the circumstances below, Nyle shall not share or release personal data of users to third parties. As for section b, sharing to third parties can be suspended per user request.
- a. When agreed upon by the user (when a user logs on using a social login function, the user has agreed to the terms of sharing personal data to said social media site.);
- b. When collected personal data (See section 6), modified into a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual, is used for compiling app user statistical data and for marketing purposes;
- c. When it is ordained by law;
- d. When it is required to protect the life, body or property of a person and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user;
- e. When it is especially required to improve the public health or to promote the healthy growth of children and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user;
- f. When it is required to cooperate with the national institution or local public authorities or their trustees to accomplish their purposes and when it could affect the completion of the relevant business by obtaining the consent of the user.
Nyle may partially or fully outsource the handling of collected personal data, in which case Nyle shall select a vendor, who meets Nyle’s data protection standards, and manage and supervise the vendor properly.
5. Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Suspension of Use, etc.
Any user requests including; the revision, addition or deletion of personal data, the disclosure of how personal data is used, the suspension or deletion of the user account, and the request to suspend sharing to third parties, as noted in Section 3.b, is to be submitted through the Contact Form below.
★ Contact Us
6. Collection and Use of Personal Data
- a. Data Provided by the User
- 1. Any personal data entered when registering as a member on Appliv; username, e-mail address, password, gender and birthdate as well as appropriate social media account data when logging on via social log-in function and other personal data shared by said social media (assuming release of personal data at the time of log on is agreed upon with said social media site).
- b. Automatic Identification
- 1. This data includes user IP addresses when connecting to the internet via mobile device, access information, access to and from Appliv, Appliv-mediated access related to accessed site URL, date, time and Advertising Identifier (IDFA), installed apps on the mobile device and apps that are currently in use.
- b. Cookies store user data, last date and time of visit to the site, and the number of site visits. Nyle uses data from cookies and member registration data for the purpose of sending appropriate recommended apps, advertisements and notifications to each user.
- c. Nyle allows app developers and advertisers to use cookie information of users to analyze the effectiveness of apps and advertisements. In such cases, data is modified into a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual.
- d. The user is able to block cookies by changing web browser settings. However, blocking may cause limitations on Appliv where some features become unavailable or cookie-generated advertisements do not appear.
8. Using Statistical Data
Nyle modifies the collected personal data of users into statistical data that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. As for said data, Nyle has unlimited access.
Nyle accepts no liability in such a case where the user releases personal data to third parties using Nyle’s service or by any other means, or releases data that permits direct association with specific individuals.
11. Personal Information Management
Nyle Inc. is responsible for the management of personal data of its users.
- For all inquiries regarding personal data, please direct them to the address below:
- Nyle Inc.
Higashi-Gotanda 1 Chome bld. 7F
Higashi-Gotanda 1-24-2, Shinagawa, Tokyo
Fees for disclosure shall be absorbed by Nyle; however the user shall incur the appropriate fees depending on the case. Please note that communication expenses for documents sent to Nyle shall be absorbed by the user while documents sent from Nyle shall be absorbed by Nyle.
Original Version: August 1, 2012
Last Revised: August 12, 2014
CEO Hisho Takahashi